It’s Friday!! I get to leave work early and I could not be happier about it kids.
This week’s Friday five is all about the perks of being your age. This topic for the week seems fitting as it’s conference week and all these parents actually believe what I say about their kid. Well some of them believe me. I keep waiting on the authorities to show up and tell me I’m a fraud of an adult. I love this age. I get it, I’m still “young” at 28 and have a whole lot of life left to live, but by golly I am not 20 one any more and being 28 is so much better. Here’s why:
- I’m a little more rooted in who I am. I know how I operate and how to manage myself accordingly. I know how to manage social situations according to my introverted personality and that being introvert isn’t actually a bad thing. I really don’t enjoy being at crowded bars where I can hear no one and I’m ok with that. I’d rather have a group of friends over and hang around a bon fire.
2. I have a salary. Even if it’s not much, it’s consistent and even has a comma in it. No more hourly wages and counting how many hours you actually have to work before I go on that trip or make that purchase. I love you steady paycheck
3. My Body is still in decent shape. A recent indoor game left me wonder how in the world I every played 90 minutes of soccer and wasn’t tired is beyond me. While I’m nowhere near my soccer playing body or fitness level. I know that half marathon I just signed up for won’t kill me either. I can play a pick up game and not pay for it the next day. Gravity isn’t my enemy yet and I haven’t had kids so I’m feeling pretty good about all this. Check back with me on this matter in 5 years. Don’t worry, I’m listening to you wise ones and using my sunscreen!!!
4. People have stopped asking for my ID and thinking I am 18. I was once talking to some one who heard I was graduating and they asked what high school. I replied with Kennesaw State University. I’m actually starting to look like an adult and can buy beverages accordingly.
5. By now I have learned life is crazy and so very unpredictable. I know not to hold on too tightly to my plans because some better ones will happen. Life is hard some days, but there will be good too. Based on how life has gone since I graduated high school I have no idea what the next 10 year will look like. Heck, I don’t even know what next year will look like
What are some good things about your current age?